Saturday, January 18, 2014

food chronicles


so the luck duck is back in the news. america's news is about international treaties and war in iraq. taiwanese news is about cute ducks

thursday and friday at work i looked for new work. doing some searching for byu alumni on linkedin.

little chinese girl has fun on photobooth

The Taiwanese love white people. when I'm with the white people here (and the white baby) they are so incredibly nice. we were hiking and at a cafe on the mountain this couple bought us drinks and snacks.
this nice lil trail by my house
ive been hanging out way too much! It's so weird not having a lot of work! kinda feel guilty that i'm not being productive



I gave a talk in church about the restoration. I only found out i was talking saturday evening. that's the church outside of utah. It went well. At least I thought so. I never give talks in church because they usually have me play the cello instead. where's my cello?
taipei temple
i want to do one last international stint either this summer or winter. aiming for mexico city or santiago, chile.

I did glamour shots as a chinese king. people walking by said, "hindu king!"
We went to an awesome town in the mountains called jiufen with a cool market



view from the market


Taiwan is known throughout asia for its food. i didn't know that. that's perfect for me.

Awesome dumpling place. 6 for a dollar. the curry and pork ones are my favorite
mmmmmmmm  mmmm mmmmmmm

fancy Chicken


Manapuas at a night market. I don't know how to say this in chinese. This is the most famous place in Taiwan to get them


Elotes. corn that they put lots of layers of sauce on and put in and out of these fire holes



Delicious peanut bars


Stinky tofu. smells awful


everything here is more intense. has that sweatshoppy kinda feel


Famous taiwan milk tea. the bottom has these black rice balls. 
they have a chain of drink shops called cocos that i love. lots of unique flavors. 


this is how they eat hardboiled eggs. always in some kind of interesting brown sauce. the convenience stores always have a pot


they like fruit juices. these are kumquats i think. very good


A salad with chicken, cucumbers, tomato


mango Shaved ice. great texture like utah snow = my face is getting fatter


oreo shaved ice. i enjoyed it as much as ice cream


rice tortillas with egg. i eat them all the time for breakfast


Here's a tradition I thought as interesting. If someone had a baby they have to buy everyone cake. this was good. it was like a brown sugar flavor
Lots of fruit jelly candy

She really wants to eat this crab




1 comment:

  1. I think you are turning into your mother...obsessed with food. Just get the recipes so she can try this stuff out. We'll help with the taste testing part!

    ReplyDelete