Wednesday, April 2, 2014

asian persuasion

No internet and no chocolate make mckay SOMETHING SOMETHING. Go crazy? Don't mind if i do!

the internet was down in our apartment for a couple weeks
lost
Break coming up! 6 days! Good cuz i need one.


I accepted the teaching fellow program. Imma be a bilingual teacher! First i have to pass tests for certification. Grrrr


Went up to Taipei yet again. Went to the temple but it was closed. Always check the maintenance closing dates people!


 ate at what is considered to be the best restaurant in Asia "din tai feng". and it was cheap haha! the food was DIVINE.
the dumplings are filled with juice
ive been tryin to run every day. it was highly needed with all the delicious food around me
brings tears to my eyes. almost
I performed at a ward concert thingy. I played Ave Maria (gounoud / bach version). Pretty much nailed it. just a few off notes.


I'm against the Asian education style. People trained to think like robots will eventually be replaced by robots when it's cheaper to buy robots than pay a salary

I hope our country can get rid of Common Core. We need a more well-rounded education system.


I'm starting to feel really bad for Taiwanese kids. They have it worse than I thought. School = life.
friend Medassy playing the pipa at orchestra
I told the students to start going to bed earlier
 I said to start preparing for bed at 9pm so they can make sure they go to bed at 10:30. Then they said, "teacher, we still at school at 9."
i said o snap
I have to wake the students up alot cuz they don't sleep enough!
We went to Keelung, an old Taiwanese Navy town

At the altar of the temple was the LUCK DUCK! maybe that's what's really in the holy of holies
love luck duck
In keeling there were more cool rock formations!

why are they shaped this way? as a geography major, i should be curious enough to look it up. but
The night market in Keelung was pretty much all seafood. I wish i liked seafood cuz there was a ton of it. The only seafood I like is fish fillets.

My eyes are so dry here because of the wind. I put in eyedrops constantly. I also walk around with one (or both) eyes closed. Bought some ridiculously expensive eyedrops but they take a long time to work

I like it when I open my eyes and see something like this!
reminds me of jacquie and her crazy school project. that's our lil missionary
Fun story-we think the owner of our school is not a real person. he's so secretive and we never seen him Here's his picture in the brochure. Also our school has a commercial on tv in which he introduces himself -... With a picture of the back of his head
dr. TC in brochure




No comments:

Post a Comment